Senior Manager, Operations
OUR VISION & MISSION
TechPoint is the nucleus and turbocharger for Indiana’s tech ecosystem. Our mission is to inclusively grow Indiana’s tech economy to 230,000 workers by 2030 so we can transform the economy of Indiana, creating a sustainable prosperity and quality of life for our citizens and future generations. We do this by attracting talent (Xtern for example), growing companies (Scale-Up Initiative, for example), and building community (Mira Awards and TechPointIndex.com, for example). TechPoint is an initiative of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP), an organization committed to advancing our entire region.
The TechPoint team is a small but mighty assembly of talented, hard-working individuals inspired to do more than a job, but instead to make an impact bigger than ourselves. Our cultural commitment to each other is to operate with high trust, positive energy, direct communication, and selfless hustle. We embrace a flexible work schedule, open office layout, and a hybrid work environment, allowing team members to work from home a couple days a week while also enjoying our beautiful new office space at 16 Tech.
The Senior Manager, Operations position is a critical role that creates the conditions for excellence across the TechPoint team. Working closely with the VP, Chief of Staff, this individual will be responsible for overseeing internal processes, such as Salesforce data, technology tools, budget operations, and hiring communications. Additionally, there will be an opportunity to manage the excellent team members that support this work. We are looking for a special individual who will take ownership, pride, and initiative in supporting our team in this role. In particular, we want someone who is organized, efficient, execution-oriented, and self-directed, who also communicates well, exercises sound judgment and discretion, and can present her/himself professionally.
This position will report to the VP, Chief of Staff and is a full-time position with 40+ hours per week expected. Some travel within Indiana will be necessary to conduct meetings and support engagement.
- Foster operational excellence across the team
- Own the evaluation and support of all cross-team systems and digital tools (i.e. Salesforce, Calendly, expense reports, Asana, Zoom, etc.).
- Take ownership of our Salesforce CRM data entry expectations and report creations/usage.
- Serve as a key point of contact for daily support of staff across the team.
- Represent TechPoint with our shared services colleagues
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with our shared services staff, including office administration, IT, finance and human resources.
- Provide budget and contract leadership
- Support your operations direct reports in managing the credit card, invoice and expense processes.
- Oversee monthly reports for the leadership team.
- Come alongside all members of the team needing contracts and support their creation and execution.
- Drive key people processes
- Work with the VP, Chief of Staff to manage all hiring processes.
- Implement the onboarding and off-boarding strategies.
- Be a key member of the team driving our organizational culture opportunities.
- Own grant reports across the organization
- Serve as the single point person responsible for grant reports due across the organization.
- Collaborate with TechPoint colleagues to write and prepare the reports.
- Manage the feedback and review processes.
- Support program operations
- Collaborate with TechPoint colleagues to create and implement new innovation programs.
- Support TechPoint’s talent programs as needed.
- Support TechPoint’s senior leadership team on special projects as needed.
- Support TechPoint Initiatives and Other Duties as They Arise
- 3-5 years of experience working in operations, HR, finance, and/or Salesforce administration positions.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Looking for a mission, not a job; you want to work on something bigger than yourself.
- Ability to collaborate, lead, and work as part of a team.
- High & positive energy; you have a knack for quickly engaging others.
- You are adaptable to change and a true team player.
- You are a detail-oriented self-starter who can be given a need or objective, break it down into executable pieces, identify questions that need to be asked, gather priorities and requirements, set and manage to milestones and then execute very effectively
- You possess excellent organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- You’ve demonstrated a proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and subscribe to the belief that there is no task too big or too small for you to tackle.
- 100% of your healthcare and dental premiums are paid for individual and family.
- Pre-tax & Roth 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous match - 5% contributed by the employer regardless of employee contribution and up to an additional 5% employee voluntary contribution eligible to be matched by the employer.
- Company paid group life benefits as well as company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) including 18 holidays!
November 9, 2022