The Bee Corp is a benefit corporation based in Indianapolis, IN that applies data analytics to beekeeping. Our mission is to empower growers and beekeepers by delivering insights into beehive health. The Bee Corp pursues this mission by offering growers infrared inspection technology to measure pollination value and drive decisions to protect yield. Our company is flexible on whether the person wants to work remote or in office.
The Bee Corp is looking for a Junior Software Engineer to work with the development team in operating and improving the existing web app, mobile app, and back end. This role will also work closely with the Sr. Software Engineer to implement software-based project management techniques and integrate models into back-end data processing pipelines. Beekeeping, data science, and infrared knowledge are not required. Candidate should be self-motivated, able to work independently and on teams, manage time and priorities across multiple projects, and communicate complex ideas with other employees. This job will be in Indianapolis, IN, although because of Covid the team is working from home with no plans to return to office work until pandemic conditions vastly improve.
• Integrate new features and optimize cross-platform mobile app and web app
• Assist with automation and deployment of ML models developed by the R&D team
• Work with engineering team through sprints and adapt roadmap as needed
• Work with customers on adapting and creating features to improve their experience
• Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
o Or graduation from coding academy with at least a bachelor’s attained in any field
• Mobile development experience is a plus
• Full stack experience is a plus
• Comfort with AWS services or other cloud services is a plus
• Experience working in an agile environment is helpful
• Experience and interest working for a startup is preferred
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
The Bee Corp is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
September 1, 2021