Looking to make a difference in over 160 countries for an ever-growing
group of the best Founders and Community Leaders?
Join our #givefirst culture and be part of our generation’s legacy of entrepreneurship.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Program Dates: September 9 - December 6
Associate Contract Dates: August 26 - December 6
About The Heritage Group Accelerator
The Heritage Group (THG) and Techstars are working together to launch The Heritage Group Accelerator to support companies seeking to disrupt existing markets and industries by pioneering the next generation of solutions that serve our core business needs, including:
- Environmental and Recycling: new materials that decrease the need for clean-up; waste management and/or waste water recovery solutions; and more.
- Construction and Materials: Building infrastructure including materials and techniques; new equipment and safety solutions.
- Specialty Chemicals & Energy: Special chemical products across a range of lubricants, solvents, fuels and other specialty chemicals; energy generation including battery technology
- IT and Industry: Industrial internet of things; vehicle to infrastructure sensor technologies; software/SaaS models
The accelerator will be housed at The Center, a state-of-the art facility that offers over 30 conference and meeting rooms, a workout facility, coffee shop, walking trails, 400 seat auditorium and dining room.
About The Role
As an Associate you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
As the marketing associate, you will work closely with the startups to create and implement innovative marketing strategies. Your day to day will include content creation, social media, PR, partnership marketing, SEO and SEM, events, creation of marketing collateral (traditional and digital), and more!
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- BA in marketing and/or 2-4 years marketing experience – digital & traditional, PR, events and social media
- Experience in developing content for digital communications channels, including web sites, intranets, email campaigns, and social media.
- Experience in digital marketing tools - utilizing Google AdWords and analytic platforms, mail programs such as Constant Contact and Mailchimp, blogging and blogging platforms, website creation and management. Design skills – Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator – a plus
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively.
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator.
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn.
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Authorized to work as a contractor in the United States.
- Currently live in Indianapolis, IN or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program.
July 10, 2019