SENIOR SALES DIRECTOR
Fundraising & Engagement Team
United Way fights for the education, financial stability, health and basic needs of everyone in our community.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with CARE.
Courage Accountability Respect Excellence
The Senior Sales Director will aggressively identify, recruit and grow partnerships with central Indiana corporations. The Senior Sales Director will have the core responsibility to aggressively sell the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud platform to existing and new corporate partners. As part of transforming the landscape of philanthropic giving, the Director will work closely with prospective corporate partners to co-create their community philanthropic plan, and assure it is mutually beneficial to both parties. The goal of these relationships is a mutually beneficial long-term partnership, resulting in the adoption of the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud product as a defined part of the relationship with UWCI.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
• Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud Sales and Partnership Creation:
a. Develop and implement a strategy, aligned with United Way Worldwide, to aggressively sell the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud platform to current United Way corporate partners, as well as corporations not currently partnering with United Way.
b. Meet or exceed SPC sales goals and assure excellent implementation for partners driving renewal at end of contract period.
c. Embrace and promote the transformation of personal philanthropy through the sales of Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud
d. Co-create philanthropic corporate partnerships that are mutually beneficial for both the company and United Way of Central Indiana
e. Provide leadership for the fundraising/corporate relations team in the sales support of Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud
f. Work closely with the Customer Success Manager and technical support team for exemplary implementation resulting in eager testimonial and case study support
• Volunteer Management: Engage the Board of Directors and other volunteers for assistance as needed.
• Annual Goals: Aggressive goals for the sale of Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud will be built, in accordance with expectations outlined by United Way of Central Indiana’s expectation from the UWW/Salesforce partnership.
• Networking: Engage in networking opportunities to create relationships with prospective partners.
• Constituent Relationships: Work with United Way Worldwide to align our efforts around Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud. Create relationships with other UW Markets that share corporate partners with UWCI as needed. Work with UWCI’s Fundraising research team to create prospect lists. Be knowledgeable about UWCI’s work in Central Indiana and be an effective and compelling communicator of the same to advance engagement and brand value. Manage relationship between UWCI’s Fundraising Team and any external partners we may engage to assist in developing new corporate relationships.
• Relationships: Develop and maintain regular contact with corporate prospects. Identify and communicate with appropriate UWCI team members as sales close to transition the account for future management.
• Flexibility: UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility is a key attribute for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
• Performs special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in his/her area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Three years technology/software/product sales experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including the willingness and ability to ensure accountability, ability to build strong relationship both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically, commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must have the ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case by case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
• The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
• Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
United Way of Central Indiana’s team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Thinking Strategically
• Stakeholder Experience
• Effective Communication
Position Leader: Chief Fundraising and Engagement Officer
Position Leads: Customer Success Manager, Business Development Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-time
Salary Range: Market Based, Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
January 7, 2020