We believe everyone deserves an amazing experience. This is Walker’s purpose, and we fulfill it by helping our clients collect and use data to craft exceptional experiences for their customers, employees and others.
Walker is a leading Experience Management (XM) services firm focused on implementing innovative Qualtrics technology solutions, providing end-to-end managed services and delivering strategic consulting engagements to some of the world’s leading brands.
Engineering Services plays a key role in the success of Walker. The Software Engineers in this group are responsible for performing technical tasks that fall outside the scope of standard implementation work. Software Engineers will build processes, data flows, data validations, reports, applications, and other solutions that enhance the standard Qualtrics product offering. They must be familiar with the Qualtrics API and how to connect to other APIs through multiple technologies.
Walker is seeking a full-time Software Engineer who can work both independently and as a solid team member. If you have a 4-year Technology degree or equivalent experience, are a strong communicator and problem-solver, and want to work at a fast-growing technology and consulting company, Walker could be the place you’ve been dreaming about.
A Day in the Life
This role will work on both larger, internal projects within Walker and projects directly with customers depending on business needs. For larger, internal projects, the software engineer will work with other Walker associates to solve complex business problems. For projects directly involving the client, the software engineer will provide at minimum guidance and at most tested, delivered solutions to customers.
• Know, understand and keep current on the Qualtrics Insight Platform and related solutions.
o Obtain Qualtrics certifications
o Attend required Qualtrics boot camps
o Keep current with XM Academy product trainings & artifacts
o Continually adapt and develop in-depth product knowledge and learn new technologies
• Ensure projects are completed according to agreed objectives, project plan, scope, budgeted effort and committed time frame.
• Research, test, and articulate the Qualtrics API.
• Help scope projects by gathering technical requirements and understanding timelines and deliverables.
• Build custom solutions to solve the business need.
• Test the custom solution.
• Provide detailed documentation on the custom solution.
• Clearly communicate solutions back to clients through phone and email.
• Work with product and engineering teams to troubleshoot implementations.
• Mentor new engineers.
• Assist in other areas as skills align.
• Demonstrate new features or functionalities for use cases to peers.
• Knowledge sharing with peers to strengthen the overall skill set of the team
• Assist in other areas as skills align.
What success looks like in the role
You will know you are doing a great job when you start taking on more complex projects and successfully complete projects on schedule. You build strong, lasting relationships with team members and other Walker co-workers. You are a creative and analytical problem-solver. You have outstanding organizational skills to juggle multiple priorities. You become a product subject matter expert. Most importantly, you care deeply about our clients and provide them a world-class experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience in related field
• 0-1 years experience with:
o Shared Repository
• Object-oriented language proficiency (Java, C+, C#, .Net, etc.), preferred
• Web service experience (REST/SOAP), preferred
• Problem solving & sound decision-making skills
• Project management and collaboration skills
• Proven ability to work independently, prioritize work, and communicate effectively written and verbally.
• Continuous learner mindset with a passion for process improvement.
For more information or to apply for this position, please visit www.walkerinfo.com. Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Posted On
May 17, 2021