Wolters Kluwer Health's Clinical Effectiveness (CE) organization is a fast-growing and innovation-driven healthcare information technology (HIT) provider working on the front lines of clinical care. Our talented team of physician and pharmacist editors, technologists, and product visionaries collaborate to provide advanced clinical decision support solutions that measurably improve clinical effectiveness by helping healthcare professionals provide optimal care for their patients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing healthcare information technology business in the role of Software Engineer. Reporting into Clinical Effectiveness' Director of Sustaining Engineering, you will play an important role in our Sustaining Engineering team. The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of our products, supporting and troubleshooting the applications, and participating in the creation of new functionality. This is an opportunity for someone with a dual passion for solving business critical customer problems and developing software at a leading healthcare information technology company.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
• Triage, troubleshoot, quantify, and resolve Level 3 incidents. Work with the Customer Support, Development, Project Management, and Product Management organizations to address Level 3 incidents as they align with projects, releases, patches, and other efforts
• Recognize patterns of Level 3 incidents and potential root causes, and advocate for investigation and/or holistic fixes
• Work with the developers, testers, and other team members to gain a comprehensive understanding of new and existing products and features
• Leverage your self-starter instincts and capabilities to discover opportunities to contribute to development activities. Maintain, enhance, and extend customer facing applications
• Examine operational activities and tech debt scenarios that would benefit from new ideas or automation to reduce toil that results in inefficiency and errors. Advocate for approaches that drive quality and productivity
• Plan and execute tasks within an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Remain current with evolving industry trends and technologies in software development
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
• 2+ years in a development, Level 3 support, or equivalent role
• Experience and technical creativity demonstrated in understanding complex multi-tiered distributed applications
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills, with strong attention to detail
• Strong collaboration skills, within function and across peer stakeholders, and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
• Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening), with ability to build positive working relationships across multiple groups within the organization.
• Good judgment, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, and a finely tuned balance of technical purity and pragmatism.
• Committed, engaged, self-motivated, decisive, adaptable, data driven, transparent and objective
• Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code as embedded APIs or cloud-native services, especially with Java or C#
• Open to working in both Java and C#
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Open to agile engineering practices such as CI/CD, TDD, pair programming, code reviews, etc.
• Experience with REST web services, SaaS solutions, and web applications
• Experience with enterprise application technologies (e.g. Java EE, Spring, or .Net)
• Experience with relational databases
• Ability to collaborate well on a cross-functional team
• Ability to imagine yourself in the customer's shoes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT or equivalent field.
Occasional business travel may occur.
Normal office environment
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY). For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (4985) 4771.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.
May 6, 2019