Production partners are key to making virtual events a success

It’s been a little over a month since the 22nd annual TechPoint Mira Awards gala, and as I reflect on how we produced the last two virtually, I feel compelled (out of pride) to acknowledge the great work of our production partners who truly helped us transform these overwhelming challenges into memorable and successful celebrations […]
TechPoint VC Speed Dating

VC Speed Dating 2021: Two opportunities for companies and investors to RISE UP and get funded in 2021

TechPoint’s VC Speed Dating is back for not one, but two events this year. The program has played direct and indirect roles in helping innovative Hoosier tech entrepreneurs raise more than $93 million in capital over the past two years from investors all over the country.

Have Tech Employees Stayed Grounded During the Pandemic?

“It’s like being an astronaut on the International Space Station.” This is how I heard someone describe life during the pandemic. I think they were thinking of work, in particular, because of it’s solitary quality right now. So many of our interactions coming through a screen—at once close and distant. Maybe also on their mind […]

Comcast’s $100 million commitment to fight injustice and inequality already impacting Indy

It can be difficult to quantify the local impact of a global corporation like Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) and its major U.S. subsidiaries Xfinity, Comcast Business and NBCUniversal. With more than 190,000 employees, about 6,000 of whom live and work in Indiana, there’s simply no doubt that the telecommunications conglomerate has a significant influence on the […]
Monument Reflection

Checking In on TechPoint’s DE&I Goals

Last year at the 2020 Mira Awards, I shared five commitments that TechPoint made to advance diversity, equity and inclusion. As I’ll say on the 2021 Mira Awards stage tonight, I feel accountable to being transparent about how we are doing against those commitments 10 months later. #1. Evaluate our base of members and board […]