Meet the Scale-Up of the Year Nominees for the 2020 Mira Awards
Celebrating high-growth, innovation-driven businesses that could be Indiana’s next big success stories
Tech ecosystems are fed by companies in various stages. While startups might be one of the most exciting or celebrated stages, every startup dreams of becoming the next scale-up company.
The Scale-Up of the Year award celebrates high-growth, innovation-driven businesses that provide technology products or services (or highly tech-enabled businesses). These emerging companies have built up traction beyond the startup stage, and they could be Indiana’s next big success stories.
This year’s nominees have worked tirelessly to drive growth, meet and exceed goals, and move their businesses to the next stage. Our nominees have done everything from building automated platforms to streamline customer engagement; to driving the future of fundraising solutions; to leveraging audio platforms for brick and mortar businesses to reach bigger audiences; to even using consultancy to solve challenges and problems daily. These nominees are dedicated to seeing continual growth in their business, positioning them to be the next big success story in Indiana tech.
In 2019, Viral Launch proved to be a force to be reckoned with, growing revenue by over triple digits and doubling their workforce. Currently, they are creating online courses to further promote their platform and services, enabling businesses of all sizes to succeed on Amazon. From product research to competitor tracking to keyword tracking, Viral Launch is continuing to help businesses see better results and revenue on Amazon.
The 2018 winner Springbuk, a health analytics software company, changed the game by creating a new category: health intelligence software. As an employer-facing solution, the software has been adopted by over 1,000 employers nationwide, has processed over $7 billion in total medical claims, and has identified over $250 million in potential health savings for their clients. In 2019, Springbuk won the global Annual Achievement Award in Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the category of Best Use of AI in Insurance. They continue to change the healthcare prevention landscape by analyzing employee health issues, at-risk possibilities, and tailoring their product to their consumers’ needs.
This year’s nominees include:
- ActiveCampaign, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 90,000 businesses in 161 countries meaningfully engage with their customers.
- Boardable, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Boardable’s triple-digit revenue growth and clear path to a $1B valuation make us ideal for the MIRA Awards Scale-Up Company of the Year.
- Greenlight Guru, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Greenlight Guru’s modern quality management software platform enables medical device companies to achieve True Quality while launching innovative new devices faster.
- Kerauno, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Inspired by the power of creativity to uncover insights and energized by bold action.
- KSM Consulting, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — KSM Consulting is an Indy-based tech, data, and management consulting firm working to solve some of the nation’s most complex challenges.
- Lev, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Lev is the premier marketing-focused consultancy that connects brands to customers by optimizing Salesforce solutions.
- OneCause, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — OneCause is driving the future of fundraising with solutions that help nonprofits engage more donors and raise more money for their missions
- Ovation.io, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Ovation.io is a clinical informatics company providing operations software and data tools for molecular diagnostic labs. #knowmoredomore
- Passageways, (Lafayette, Ind.) — With intentional diversity and a ‚Äúculture of togetherness‚Äù called sayhog, Passageways is truly an Exceptional Employer.
- Socio, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Socio powers event success for enterprises, show organizers, and member groups with technology that optimizes attendee experience and event ROI.
- Vibenomics, (Fishers, Ind.) — Vibenomics is the industry’s first audio out-of-home programmatic advertising marketplace, helping brick-and-mortar businesses reach captive audiences directly at the point-of-sale.
- Zylo, (Indianapolis, Ind.) — 3 years ago, the co-founders shared a desk. Today, Zylo powers SaaS management for Nike, Adobe and Salesforce and manages $12B in software.
The 2020 Mira Award winners will be announced live on a special broadcast during the 21st gala on Thursday, June 18, with presenting sponsors Eli Lilly and Company, Genesys, Infosys, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Salesforce. Thousands are expected to watch the live broadcast on social media platforms and via Zoom VIP room watch parties.
Get more information about the broadcast here. Join us on June 18 for the unveiling of the Scale-Up of the Year Mira Award winner.