Meet the Exceptional Employer of the Year Nominees
Celebrating tech companies that are doing an exceptional job of hiring and developing talent, cultivating workplace culture and increasing diversity
Attracting and retaining talent in Indiana is integral to the overall commitment to the tech ecosystem. Indiana technology businesses know it’s critical to both hire and keep the best possible candidates in order to stay competitive, and they actively work on growing and cultivating tech talent every single day.
The Exceptional Employer Award celebrates tech companies that are doing an exceptional job of hiring and developing talent, cultivating workspaces and workplace culture, and deliberately increasing diversity. These companies recognize their role in workforce development and place value on recruiting, training and continuing education.
This year, we’ve identified 10 companies that have gone above and beyond as employers in Indiana. Our 2020 nominees cover a variety of tech fields, from a PR firm dedicated to B2B and SaaS; to a workforce management business that creates solutions for companies of all sizes; to a tech consulting company with a focus in management; to a software design and application company fueling a better way for healthcare. These organizations are not only innovative, but they are focused on growth and retention of tech talent. It’s great to see such a diverse group committed to the Indiana tech ecosystem.
2019’s winner, GEICO, has continued to invest in Indiana and tech talent in our state. As the nation’s 2nd largest auto insurer, it started its Indiana center with 250 employees and grew that number to over 1,400. GEICO has invested $4 million into training for its Indianapolis employees, and the company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is as laudable on paper as it is in practice, resulting in outcomes like women making up nearly half of the company’s local leadership.
This year’s nominees include:
- BLASTmedia (Fishers, Ind.) — BLASTmedia is the only PR agency dedicated to B2B SaaS, representing companies in all growth stages, from startup to publicly traded.
- Delta Faucet Company (Indianapolis, Ind.) — As a recognized market leader, Delta Faucet Company is proud to be a large, growing company headquartered in Indiana. / Delta Faucet Company is focused on being an exceptional employer through growth, inclusion, and employee experience.
- KAR Global (Carmel, Ind.) — KAR Global helps the world’s largest auto makers, financial institutions, dealer groups, rental companies and fleet operators buy, sell and trade used vehicles.
- Kronos Incorporated (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Kronos is a leading global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions.
- KSM Consulting (Indianapolis, Ind.) — KSM Consulting is an Indy-based tech, data, and management consulting firm working to solve some of the nation’s most complex challenges.
- Lev (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Lev is the premier marketing-focused consultancy that connects brands to customers by optimizing Salesforce solutions.
- LifeOmic (Indianapolis, Ind.) — LifeOmic, a software company, offers disruptive solutions in the healthcare space by leveraging the cloud, mobile devices & machine learning
- Passageways (Lafayette, Ind.) — 2019 was Passageways Year: 35% growth, 31% larger Indiana team, open Indianapolis HQ, & Product, & product innovation are why we must win. / With intentional diversity and a culture of togetherness, Passageways is truly an Exceptional Employer.
- Republic Airways and LIFT Academy (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Republic Airways’ LIFT Academy is redefining aviation training by breaking down barriers to entry and innovating the technology used in flight and maintenance training.
- SEP (Carmel, Ind.) —SEP is a software product design and development firm that helps bring software ideas to life.
The 2020 Mira Award winners will be announced live on a special broadcast during the 21st gala on Thursday, June 18, with presenting sponsors Eli Lilly and Company, Genesys, Infosys, Raytheon and Salesforce. Thousands are expected to watch the live broadcast on social media platforms and via Zoom VIP room watch parties.
Get more information about the broadcast here. Join us on June 18 for the unveiling of the Exceptional Employer of the Year Mira Award winner.