Meet the Entrepreneurial Service Excellence Nominees for the ‘Best in Tech’ 2023 Mira Awards
Organizations that have helped Indiana entrepreneurs with resources, counsel, connections and more
Every entrepreneur needs support to thrive in the fast-paced world of tech. That’s why we’ve introduced a new category this year to recognize accelerators, firms and organizations that have demonstrated a strong commitment to helping Indiana entrepreneurs thrive by providing resources, counsel, connections and more. The Entrepreneurial Service Excellence Award highlights organizations that are committed to supporting entrepreneurs as they scale their businesses with the resources they need to grow.
Whether it be not-for-profits or venture capital firms, our nominees have a shared commitment to diversity and inclusion. These nominees are fully invested in our local communities, looking to help accelerate the best and brightest either with financial backing, software development, mobile app design, community and mentorship.
This year’s nominees include:
- Business Equity for Indy, Indianapolis, Ind. — Business Equity for Indy (BEI) is a joint effort of CICP and the Indy Chamber with support from the Indianapolis Urban League to build greater economic opportunity for Black and diverse residents.
- gener8tor, Indianapolis, Ind. — gener8tor’s mission is to be the best partner for a community to invest in its best and brightest. Our startup accelerators help shrink equity gaps and give diverse founders access to capital.
- Heartland Ventures, Columbus, Ohio — Heartland Ventures is a venture capital firm that connects high-growth startups with our Midwestern corporate LPs and customer base.
- NEXT Studios, Fishers, Ind. — NEXT Studios are experienced entrepreneurs who help visionaries shape their ideas, craft them with a repeatable process and move them forward with capital and talent.
- Plaka Associates, Indianapolis, Ind. — Plaka collaborates with innovators in economic development to design entrepreneurship-led strategies that shape talent, community, and industry ecosystems.
- Rose-Hulman Ventures, Terre Haute, Ind. — For more than 20 years, Rose-Hulman Ventures has specialized in innovation, providing its clients with software development, mobile app design, rapid prototyping, new product development and more.
- Startup South Bend – Elkhart, South Bend, Ind. — Startup South Bend – Elkhart is a key driver of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, bringing together community stakeholders and supporting organizations and entrepreneurs to inspire connectedness.
- The Heritage Group Accelerator, Indianapolis, Ind. — The Heritage Group Accelerator is where hardtech, industry 4.0, climate, sustainability and cleantech converge.
- The Mill, Bloomington, Ind. — The Mill is the heart of southern Indiana’s startup ecosystem and its largest coworking space. They are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit center for entrepreneurship providing support and resources for startups.
- The Startup Ladies, Indianapolis, Ind. — The Startup Ladies mission is to identify, educate, connect and increase investment in women starting up scalable businesses.
The 2023 Mira Award winners will be announced during our in-person gala at the JW Marriot during the 24th gala on Saturday, April 22, with presenting sponsors UKG, Salesforce and Indiana Economic Development Corporation.
Get more information about the 2023 Mira Awards and join us on April 22 for the unveiling of the “Best of Tech” Mira Award winner for Rising Entrepreneur!