Meet the Startup of the Year Nominees for the 2022 ‘Best of Tech’ Mira Awards
These trailblazing ventures demonstrate the creative, strategic and innovative entrepreneurial spirit of Indiana’s technology community
With so many ideas already realized, coming up with something new is harder than it ever has been. That doesn’t stop the innovators of the world who think of new ways to solve common challenges, and it’s something to be recognized and applauded.
The Startup of the Year award recognizes new companies (two years old or younger) with in-market tech products or services that have shown the greatest development based on growth and impact and have the most promising potential for success. These trailblazing ventures demonstrate the creative, strategic, and innovative entrepreneurial spirit of Indiana’s technology community.
The startup nominees for this year have had more than their fair share of challenges, but they’ve forged ahead with new innovations in a constantly changing tech landscape. This year’s nominees are pushing boundaries by:
- Helping remote work promote transparency and collaboration
- Curating marketing platforms to be more “hands on” for the B2B space
- Streamlining specialty drug enrollment across every aspect of the ecosystem
- Redefining remote work, both visually and collaboratively
- Replacing outdated hiring and interviewing platforms in hiring processes
- Revolutionizing the lawn and maintenance care of golf courses
- Managing cloud services in a way that better serves customers
- Organically drawing on traffic to create repeatable revenue
- Creating and producing sales software to fill the gaps of customer service
- Reducing shipping costs while maintaining high volume shipping
- Providing modern IT MSPs with insights needed to strengthen the customer’s security posture to help them maintain compliance
Malomo, the 2021 Start-up of the Year Winner, found the perfect niche in a world that began to rely more and more on delivery by enhancing the customer’s shipment delivery and tracking experience. Since winning, they’ve secured over $5 Million in seed funding from Base10 Partners, which has allowed for strategic key hires, development of new product integrations and consumer tools, and broadening international carrier support. This has also enabled them to try a six-month test drive of a 4-day work week. We can’t wait to see how else they’ll improve shipping in the future.
This year’s Mira Awards nominees have proven that they are masters at creating innovative products. We can’t wait to see how they will continue to scale and grow. This year’s nominees include:
- Alleo (Carmel, Ind.) — Alleo enables productivity for flexible remote work. In just one click, you’re in a customizable virtual meeting room that allows you to access and share any content.
- Demandwell (Indianapolis, Ind.)— Demandwell is revolutionizing the SEO industry by enabling B2B SaaS businesses to turn organic search into their most reliable & repeatable source of revenue.
- Elate (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Elate is the leading Strategic Planning software built to help high growth companies communicate their vision, create alignment, and track performance all in one place.
- Groundwork (Zionsville, Ind.) —Groundwork is a virtual sales software that helps home improvement contractors save time in the sales process and win more of their ideal projects.
- Pillar (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Pillar is an interview intelligence platform that provides more efficient, effective, and equitable hiring processes for companies and candidates.
- RxLightning, Inc (Greenville, Ind.)— RxLightning is a digital platform connecting prescribers, pharmacies, manufacturers, hubs, payers & foundations, to streamline specialty drug enrollments and accelerate patients’ speed to therapy.
- Saaslio (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Saaslio is the first to market with a SaaS Management Software built specifically for modern IT MSPs to support & secure customers’ rapidly-evolving app ecosystem, changing what is expected from MSPs.
- Smart Guided Systems LLC (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Our Intelligent Sprayer™ scans foliage density before spraying, reducing chemical use an average of 50% with equal or better crop protection, while digitally capturing the tree characteristics.
- The Juice (Indianapolis, Ind.) — The Juice is a B2B content discovery platform that gathers high-quality resources from across the internet into one space. It’s a lot like Spotify, but for B2B professionals.
- Vsimple (New Albany, Ind.) — Vsimple provides a centralized workspace to streamline sales, rental, service and parts distribution workflows. We deliver a version of Vsimple that’s uniquely tailored to the way your business works.
“The Mira Awards gala is not only the biggest tech event in the state, it’s also the barometer of Indiana’s tech industry growth, strength and dynamism,” said Mike Langellier, president and CEO of TechPoint. “The robustness of this year’s class of nominees bodes well for our tech community’s future, and we’re excited to finally, hopefully, celebrate together in person after two years of remote galas during the pandemic.”
The 2022 Mira Award winners will be announced during TechPoint’s in-person gala at the JW Marriot on Saturday, April 23, with presenting sponsor Salesforce. This will be the first in-person gala held since 2019, before the COVID pandemic. A limited number of sponsorships are available for purchase until March 25.
Get more information about the 2022 Mira Awards and join us on April 23 for the unveiling of the “Best of Tech” Mira Award winner for Start- Up of the Year!