Inside INdiana Business Video E-newsletter and TV Show to Highlight Mira Winners
On May 3, 2014, TechPoint will once again honor the best in tech at the 15th annual Mira Awards presented by BKD CPAs & Advisors at the JW Marriott, and this year the winners will be getting even more attention for their good work through a new partnership with Inside INdiana Business (IIB) sponsored by Comcast Business that will include a new video e-newsletter featuring the winners of the Mira Awards.
Earlier this year, TechPoint made a major shift in its coverage and promotion of the tech sector and its companies by focusing on digital communications and content marketing. The organization launched a new TechPoint website which features tech community events, stories, and personal and company profiles. TechPoint President and CEO Mike Langellier has set a goal for his team this year of producing 200 stories that reach more than a million readers.
“Making that shift made total sense for us and this new partnership with IIB helps us take that to a new level with our premiere event, the Mira Awards,” said Langellier. “Over the past year, TechPoint has built and refined programs that supply the resources that tech companies need to grow: the IndyX initiative for talent attraction; the Tailwind initiative and Halo Capital Group for startup capital investment and education; and TechPoint media for promotion and community building through events, content marketing and public relations. This partnership fits firmly into the latter, helping us raise visibility for local companies and ultimately helping them secure more prospects and customers.”
Here are the major components of this new partnership:
- IIB, a statewide syndicated business news program, will be onsite the night of the awards to tape half of its regular weekly television program with a special focus on the Mira Awards.
- IIB host Gerry Dick will interview the 14 winners, who will be featured in one minute videos that will be used in a special video e-newsletter the following week that will accompany in-depth stories about each winner.
- The more than 60,000 subscribers to TechPoint’s and IIB’s e-newsletters will receive the special Mira e-newsletter.
- All of the content, including the stories about each winner along with the IIB Gerry Dick interviews, will also be featured at techpoint.org on special landing pages and in search.
- The videos and stories, as well as professional photography by Banayote Photography, will be shared with winners and nominees for use in their own promotions.
- TechPoint’s media relations team will also reach out to numerous Mira Awards winners and nominees to collaborate on national media placement efforts.
“Being able to watch the winners tell their stories through video and then delivering those stories to a statewide and national audience through a new video e-newsletter will only help strengthen the tech sector story for Indiana,” said Langellier.
This year, the Mira Awards had a record 170 applications for 14 awards, marking a 40 percent increase over the previous year. To learn more about the event and view a list of the nominees click here. To register to attend the Mira Awards click here.