Meet the Talent Impact of the Year Nominees for the 2022 ‘Best of Tech’ Mira Awards
Highlighting leadership and excellence in workforce development—the vital pipelines into Indiana tech careers
Improving the way we work and how we work seems to be a no-brainer when it comes to tech and innovation. Something that has lacked recognition, however, is the efforts companies and leadership have made to their business to adapt to the needs of their talent. In a time where remote work is the norm, many professionals have reevaluated how they’re working and what’s best for them. Many companies and their leadership have shown not only their willingness to listen but have actually implemented strategic changes to meet the demands of the workforce.
The Talent Impact Award is our community’s recognition of leadership and excellence in workforce development—the vital pipelines into Indiana tech careers. These initiatives and programs are influencing our state’s talent recruiting, attracting, hiring, training, and retaining efforts, which are collectively the lifeblood of our information-based, talent critical economy.
Today, talent is the driving force behind all things tech. From developing viable careers paths, ensuring entry-level positions are guaranteed more robust benefits, to adding and improving internships, the nominees are changing the way they look at their workplace to cater to the evolving needs of talent. They understand that it’s imperative to focus on ways tech talent can thrive in their positions—when they’re working and when they’re not. They’re exploring what flexible work schedules really need to look like, how they can provide more opportunities for their teams to give back, what staff need to have more balance, and so much more. All of our nominees are pushing the limits with what is driving talent to work and, most importantly, what it will take to retain the talent.
With so much change happening in the way we work,, we decided it was necessary to create this category to recognize the incredible companies and leadership making things better for talent in Indiana. Our nominees include::
- BC forward (Indianapolis, Ind.) — BCforward is a global IT consulting and workforce solutions firm transforming the future of business forward with the power of people and technology.
- Celigo (San Mateo, Cal.)— Celigo allows IT and line-of-business teams alike to automate both common and custom business processes, enabling the entire organization to be more agile and accelerate business growth.
- Eleven Fifty Academy (Fishers, Ind.) — Eleven Fifty Academy is a non-profit academy who offers immersive coding courses, where attendees learn relevant and in-demand skills from industry experts. Students exit with real-world knowledge and marketable skills that are valuable in the workforce.
- GadellNet Consulting Services (Carmel, Ind.) —GadellNet is a team of exceptional IT specialists. Every day, the GadellNet team comes together to power our clients’ missions through technology.
- Indiana Office of Technology (Indianapolis, Ind.) —SEAL IT: Reskilling Hoosiers for meaningful public service IT careers. EARN industry-valued certifications while LEARNing on the job in the State’s IT backbone.
- Ivy Tech Community College (Indianapolis, Ind.) —Ivy Tech serves the people of Indiana through accessible and affordable world-class education and adaptive learning. Ivy Tech empowers students to achieve their career and transfer aspirations. Ivy Tech embraces the vision of economic transformation inspired by the education and earnings attainment of Indiana citizens, the vitality of the workforce, and the prosperity of unique and diverse communities.
- Kainos (Indianapolis, Ind.) —Kainos is on a mission to make peoples’ lives better through technology, solving their most challenging problems through our Digital Services and Workday HR and Financial transformation specialties.
- MakeMyMove (Indianapolis, Ind.) —MakeMyMove is the country’s first and only online marketplace that connects move-ready talent with the communities that want to recruit them.
- Qualifi (Noblesville, Ind.) —Qualifi’s on-demand audio-based platform enables recruiters to phone, screen, multiple candidates, simultaneously, resulting in faster time-to-hire and less interview scheduling headaches.
- Recruit Rooster (Indianapolis, Ind.) —Recruit Rooster is reimagining how employers meaningfully and more efficiently engage prospective hires, all the while transforming the job seeker experience from overwhelming to approachable.
- Republic Airways (Indianapolis, Ind.) —Republic Airways has been a leader in innovation, not only in the way they transform their airline operations but also in the way they attract talent to the airline industry.
- Salesforce Pathfinder Program (Indianapolis, Ind.) —Salesforce’s Pathfinder Program is a workforce development initiative that empowers the next generation of Trailblazers to build their careers in the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Veryable (Indianapolis, Ind.) —Veryable is revitalizing US Manufacturing and Logistics by connecting businesses to workers through our online marketplace. This enables a real-time approach to production and drives business growth.
“The Mira Awards gala is not only the biggest tech event in the state, it’s also the barometer of Indiana’s tech industry growth, strength, and dynamism,” said Mike Langellier, president and CEO of TechPoint. “The robustness of this year’s class of nominees bodes well for our tech community’s future, and we’re excited to finally, hopefully, celebrate together in person after two years of remote galas during the pandemic.”
The 2022 Mira Award winners will be announced during TechPoint’s in-person gala at the JW Marriot on Saturday, April 23, with presenting sponsor Salesforce. This will be the first in-person gala held since 2019, before the COVID pandemic.
Get more information about the 2022 Mira Awards and join us on April 23 for the unveiling of the “Best of Tech” Mira Award winner for the Talent Impact of the Year!