#tbt Scott Webber recognized as 2008 Mira Awards Trailblazer
As the 2015 TechPoint Mira Awards approach, it’s fun to look back over the past 16 years of awards ceremonies and remember some of the remarkable success stories coming out of Indiana’s tech ecosystem!
Scott Webber — one of Indiana’s “founding fathers of tech” — was named TechPoint’s Trailblazer in Technology during the 2008 Mira Awards. The Trailblazer award was created to recognize individuals whose vision and efforts in advancing technology have made a lasting contribution to Indiana.
Why Scott Webber?
In his 30 years in the technology industry, Scott has successfully guided companies from inception to maturity. Most recently, he has been an investor and mentor to young Indiana technology companies.
- Scott currently serves as the Chairman & CEO of Volatus Advisors, an investment and advisory vehicle for young companies. He led BidPal’s significant growth during his tenure as Chairman and CEO from 2008 to June 2014 and currently serves as BidPal’s Chairman of the Board.
- Successful investments include Performance Assessment Network, which was launched out of the VTG incubator, and Autobase, where Scott also served as Chairman & CEO.
- Previously, he served as Chief Executive of Corepoint Technologies, a global IBM software company, where he increased flat revenues by 60% in a period of eight months.
- As President and CEO of Software Artistry, Inc., he led the company to the first successful software IPO in the state, and later to an acquisition by Tivoli Systems, an IBM company.
- Scott also spent 10 years at Pansophic Systems, Inc.; a software company that grew from a $30 million privately held company to a $230 million publicly traded company during his tenure.
- Scott holds a Masters of Management from Northwestern University and a BA degree from Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada.
Submit your Throwback Thursday #tech #tbt photos to Joshua for a future post!