Leading in Chaos—Stability in an Unstable World

How should your business strategy evolve during uncertain times? As humans, we want control over the unknown. Over the last few months, business leaders have been questioning: “Should I stick to my strategic path, or change course?”  Let’s face it, chaos can create anxiety and frustration. However, chaos can force necessary change. There are a […]
Pros and Cons of working for a startup

Pros and Cons of Working for a Startup

Tech startups can be fun and fulfilling places to work, but they may not be right for everyone.

Building an inclusive, future forward company

Effective leadership in a future forward company has transitioned from an individual nature to a more-collective focus. The hierarchical structures that were successful in the past will not allow companies to creatively innovate at a pace that is necessary to remain both relevant and competitive today.  And while, in the past, innovation was viewed as […]

Honoring the Juneteenth National Independence Day holiday

In commemoration of the Juneteenth National Independence Day holiday, TechPoint is pleased to help draw attention to numerous events and celebrations in the Greater Indianapolis area, and we encourage all members of the tech community to take part and reflect upon the meaning of the holiday. The newest Federal holiday, Juneteenth, was signed into law […]

Pride: Bringing your whole self to work in tech

Prior to joining the tech community, Stephen Phillips worked as a school counselor and therapist before moving into human resources and talent acquisition. One work environment was just plain discriminatory and one lacked basic knowledge of LGBTQ+ issues, but was at least friendly to its gay employees, he said. “I had my pronouns he/him in […]