Meet the Large Enterprise of the Year Nominees for the 2020 Mira Awards
Recognizing tech and tech-enabled companies that put a premium on talent development, diversity and inclusion
As the tech community in Indiana continues to grow and mature, so do the many established and long-recognized companies based in our Hoosier state. As beacons of innovation and stability in our tech ecosystem, large enterprises act as critical catalysts for driving business and diversity in Indiana.
The Large Enterprise of the Year award recognizes tech and tech-enabled companies that put a premium on talent development, diversity and inclusion; continuously demonstrate exceptional innovation that solidifies their market leadership positions; and help to bolster Indiana’s reputation and reality as a home for technological excellence.
2020’s nominees have been staples in our tech ecosystem for many years, and they are committed to helping it grow through their talent initiatives, innovative developments, and economic impact. These enterprises run the gamut from safety and security in an ever-changing landscape, to best practices with workforce management, to streamlining air travel. We’re excited to see what steps these enterprises will take in the future to further our stronghold as a thriving tech hub.
Cummins, the 2019 recipient for the Large Enterprise of the Year award, focused on ways to implement tech into the manufacturing industry. They implemented over-the-air data extraction, real-time filtration monitoring, remote monitoring of engine health, testing and validation of next generation battery systems, the lightest-ever heavy duty engine, an advanced suite of plug-in hybrid electric powertrain solutions, and new diesel tech that delivers near-zero emissions. In 2020, Cummins instilled further measures to reach all of their employees by offering speech recognition software, magnifier/ reader software, and more. Their goal is to break down barriers so their employees can continue to do their best work.
This year’s nominees include:
- Allegion PLC (c/o Schlage Lock Co LLC) (Carmel, Ind.) — As a leader in IoT, @AllegionPLC leverages digital capabilities and invests in tech to drive innovation in security today and tomorrow.
- Delta Faucet Company (Indianapolis, Ind.) — As a recognized market leader, Delta Faucet Company is proud to be a large, growing company headquartered in Indiana. / Delta Faucet Company is focused on being an exceptional employer through growth, inclusion, and employee experience.
- GEICO (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Housed in the Center of Excellence, GEICO IT in Indy ensures GEICO is on the bleeding edge of the newest technologies.
- Kronos Incorporated (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Kronos is a leading global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions.
- Republic Airways (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Republic Airways operates 1000 daily flights for American, Delta and United. We’re bringing technology and innovation to the airline industry to increase our efficiencies & drive our business forward.
- Sallie Mae (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Equip aspiring minds to create the life they imagine.
- Schneider Geospatial (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Schneider Geospatial creates innovative solutions that change and improve how people interact with state and local governments.
- STANLEY Security (Fishers/Greenfield, Ind.) — STANLEY Security provides integrated security solutions. Our products and services help keep facilities, employees, guests, and assets safe.
The 2020 Mira Award winners will be announced live on a special broadcast during the 21st gala on Thursday, June 18, with presenting sponsors Eli Lilly and Company, Genesys, Infosys, Raytheon Technologies and Salesforce. Thousands are expected to watch the live broadcast on social media platforms and via Zoom VIP room watch parties. Get more information about the broadcast here. Join us on June 18 for the unveiling of the Large Enterprise of the Year Mira Award winner.