Recognizing ground-breaking and disruptive new tech products coming from innovative organizations in Indiana
In the past year, Indy tech gurus of all shapes and sizes have combined their talents and resources to solve everyday problems people face—especially in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. In a time of mass disruption, our 2021 nominees set out to ensure the masses weren’t disrupted and some pretty cool things happened as a result.
The Tech Product of the Year recognizes ground-breaking and disruptive new tech products that highlight the innovation coming from Indiana. These commercially available, technology-based products (hardware or software) have demonstrated that they have the lasting ability and potential to become technology staples.
While not all of our 2021 nominees focused on alleviating the stress of COVID-19, many opted to meet the moment and help fight the global pandemic. Realizing the burden of a nationwide shutdown and how it could devastate small businesses, one company focused on helping merchants and customers better track shipments. This created an efficient and seamless solution to keep their customers’ doors open even when their physical doors were closed.
Another nominee created a platform to help charitable organizations continue to do their fundraising virtually. We also have a nominee who created a hand wash formula that eliminates the risk of transmitting harmful bacteria and viruses—and without the assistance of harsh chemicals to boot! This is just to name a few of the timely and meaningful products that earned a spot on this year’s nominee list.
In 2020, hc1 took home the Tech Product of the Year award for their PGx Advisor™. With this product, hc1 is attempting to revolutionize patient care by creating an accessible platform that helps patients and healthcare givers see the bigger picture when it comes to better diagnostics and better solutions for patients. In 2020 and 2021, hc1 has focused its efforts on bringing transparency to COVID-19 testing and data analysis with its dashboard, CV19Dashboard.org. This impressive team has revolutionized how public health concerns are dealt with, from data collection to real-time updates.
The 2019 winner, SIMBA Chain, has kept its momentum going. This past January, they were awarded the prestigious Tibbetts Award, and their platform now supports Hyperledger Sawtooth. The Sawtooth-Ethereum integration project—affectionately dubbed “Seth”—has added support for running Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) smart contracts to the Hyperledger Sawtooth platform. We always love to see our winners thrive, and SIMBA Chain is doing just that!
This year’s nominees include:
- 3Oe Scientific – IGGY™ (Carmel, Ind.) — 3Oe Scientific is a technology company advancing the science of aqueous ozone to support public health, health care, and various other industries.
- ConverSight.ai (Carmel, Ind.) — ConverSight.ai’s Contextual Decision Intelligence platform leverages an AI business assistant to help businesses optimize operations, minimize disruptions, and resolve critical issues in real-time.
- Cummins Inc. (Columbus, Ind.) — Acumen makes engines powered by Cummins smarter, combining the Internet-of-Things with advanced artificial intelligence to transform the customer experience digitally.
- DemandJump – Account-Based Attribution (Indianapolis, Ind.) — With DemandJump’s Account-Based Attribution, B2B marketing and sales teams can finally close the loop and measure the true revenue impact of every touchpoint.
- DemandJump – Insights For Content (Indianapolis, Ind.) — DemandJump’s Insights For Content product has eliminated the guesswork that goes into a content strategy and saves hours on painstaking keyword research.
- Docket – Meeting Productivity Software (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Docket’s flexible platform for better meeting management helped thousands of teams wrangle business collaboration as they shifted to remote tools and hybrid workplaces.
- Encamp – Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Compliance Software (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Encamp makes it unbelievably easy for companies to manage and comply with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements across multiple facilities and multiple states—and you can do it all from one modern platform.
- Malomo – SMB Shipment Tracking Platform (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Malomo is a shipment tracking platform that helps eCommerce brands turn order tracking from a cost center into a profitable marketing channel.
- OneCause – Virtual Event Center (Indianapolis, Ind.) — OneCause is driving the future of fundraising with easy-to-use solutions that help nonprofits engage more donors and raise more money for their missions.
- Realync – DIY Virtual Leasing and Engagement Platform (Carmel, Ind.) — Realync is a multifamily virtual leasing and resident engagement platform that enables live video tours, virtual open houses, and DIY pre-recorded videos of properties.
- Zotec Partners – COVID Information Management System (Carmel, Ind.) — Zotec Partners delivers tech-enabled financial and patient experience solutions to healthcare providers to transform business relationships and simplify complex healthcare processes.
- Rolls Royce (Indianapolis, Ind.) — Rolls-Royce is a global technology leader providing propulsion and power systems for the aerospace, naval, and land systems industries.
The 2021 Mira Award winners will be announced live during a special broadcast of the 22nd annual gala on Thursday, April 22, with presenting sponsor Salesforce. Visit https://techpoint.org/riseup for more information.