Are you getting inundated with Cyber Monday deals and discounts already? As the Chancellor of WGU Indiana, Indiana’s online university, believe me when I say that I know “Cyber!” And, as a consummate shopper — the type who gets up at 4 a.m. to shop on Black Friday — I also know a good deal!
A good deal to consider is one that offers benefits for years to come. Yes, you guessed it — I am talking about a college degree.
You might purchase many presents on Cyber Monday, but the best value is a degree that will last a lifetime. And with our recently released $100,000 in scholarships exclusively for our IT college, there’s never been a better time to go back to school.
Chances are that you know someone who started college at some point but didn’t finish because life got too busy. There are 720,000 Hoosiers who fall in this category — and maybe you’re one of them, too? No matter the reason, consider this:
- People who earn a college degree typically make $1 million more than people without a degree, over the course of their career.
- Half of the new jobs coming to Indiana will require a bachelor’s degree.
- Software applications developers are the most in demand jobs in tech in the Indianapolis area right now and command median salaries of $77,700.
- WGU Indiana’s newest degree is a B.S. in Software Development.
I am excited about Hoosiers who have put WGU Indiana on their cyber wish list because they will find a university that offers flexibility, quality and affordability.
- Most of our students graduate in 2½ years.
- Many students utilize financial aid to pay the $6,000/year tuition.
- More than 40 percent of our graduates have already received a raise, promotion, or better job.
- All of the graduates I talk to describe the ability to do the coursework on their own schedule as one of the best benefits.
Flexibility is important because 70 percent of our students work full time. They are typically in their 40’s and they don’t have the time to sit in classrooms on a campus. WGU Indiana, the state’s eighth university, is focused on the busy adult who has a bright future and a long “to-do” list. (Not to mention the long holiday wish list.)
When you consider the deals out there for Cyber Monday, let’s face it, the computer purchased today will be outdated in three months, the phone will need upgrades, the clothes will soon be out of style and the candy … well, we all know where those calories land! An education, on the other hand, will last a lifetime and will benefit you and your family in meaningful ways for years to come.
To learn more about WGU Indiana and its degree programs, join us for The Best Value on Cyber Monday Event. You and a guest are invited to celebrate the announcement of our largest IT scholarship with drinks and appetizers at Indy’s tech sensation, The Speak Easy, on December 1 (Cyber Monday) at 5:30pm. Please click here to RSVP.
Is there anything preventing you from adding a college degree to your holiday wishlist?
The Best Value on Cyber Monday Event
The Speak Easy
December 1 (Cyber Monday) at 5:30pm.
Do you want to know more about what it’s like to be a student at WGU Indiana? Check out this post from when Chancellor Allison Barber was the featured speaker at TechPoint’s Tech Thursday.
20 Reasons Why WGU Indiana Is Growing and Earning Its Reputation as the ‘Higher Education Disruptor’